GGG workshop „Understanding the Science System and Academic Culture in Germany“ (online, Nov 4-5, 2020)
Only 2 seats left: This online-workshop by Dr. Veronica Fuest is designed for international PhD students who are new to the German academic system.
Understanding behavior and interactions helps to navigate academic hierarchies and to prevent losses of energy by misunderstandings and conflicts. Uncertainty factors are reduced to the effect that personal, time-related and financial resources can be utilized in optimal ways.
- institutional settings, regulations and incentive structures from national to local (funding mechanisms and agents, statutes, by-laws according to participants’ affiliations)
- hierarchical and lateral relationships, micropolitics
- inherent assumptions, implicit rules and expectations in German academia and in in participants’ respective settings
- reflecting one’s own assumptions, expectations and rules
- preventing misunderstandings and conflicts – appropriate levels and ways of address-ing, informing, reaching agreements
- dealing with misunderstandings and conflicts, strategies of appropriate communication.
For further information and registration see www.uni-goettingen.de/de/614985.html